Saturday, February 3, 2018

On Frozen Pond

NOTE: I've been trying to share this post for weeks, but the pics would not download.
At any rate, they did this time. Enjoy our SE Ga snowfall, the first in 29 years!

**************************

Well, the pond didn't actually freeze, but the basin sure did!

Here in SE Georgia, we got the first real snow in 29 years, and it was glorious!
Okay, waking up to no water b/c the well pump switch froze (on two days) wasn't
fun, but we've insulated and heated the pump house, so we're good to go on that.

The snow was gorgeous! Hopefully, I'll be able to load some pics of the house under a
blanket of snow, soon. We all enjoyed playing in it, trying to make a snowman *pitiful,
and having snowball fights, followed by hot chocolate and smore's.

Our pond area became magical. I wish you could have seen it in person. We were enchanted!
We rode around it twice, and walked down in the basin once. So lovely, and the
sound of crunching snow is one of my favorites. It was a really big deal for all
of us in Ga and Fl, and we thoroughly enjoyed it!

I'm putting in my order for more, and I hope it won't be another 29 years before
it gets filled (though we could do without the icy roads, lol). Happy Winter, y'all!


Above, you can see the snow coming down!
The pines were lovely under their dusting of snow.

The sun, trying to peek out.

Hope you enjoyed!


8 comments:

  1. I love snow but I agree I can do without the icy roads. The snow pictures are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful images of a Winter wonderland even with ice ponds.
    When growing up in NY this happened every Winter and I loved it... people hate Winter now.
    Thank you for your sweet visit.
    Have a nice week.
    Fabby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by, and for your sweet words!

      Delete
  3. It is snowing here as I type! UGH. I am DONE with winter:):) Your trees looks so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks so cold! Hope things are warming up! Leticia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tammy, it's me again. I just wanted to thank you for your visit and say I am so happy I have inspired you! I have LOVED blue and white pieces for over 30 years when I started collecting them. I feel they never go out of style. Have a beautiful week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did I ever tell you that we will pray for your son, just be sure of that my friend.
    Fabby

    ReplyDelete